Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Last week I enjoyed a special shopping day with a good friend.  I call it a "Kathysue day".  A day that is good for the mind, body and spirit!  The weather could not have been more beautiful.  The warmth of the sun as we talked and visited felt glorious.  The sharing and laughter were such good medicine for both the body and the spirit.  It was a perfect day! 

This was Kathysue's first visit to San Anselmo so we began our visit at the Laurel House at the Marin Art and Garden Center.  It is a lovely location and the selection on consignment at this shop is always changing.  The quality of their pieces is consistently lovely.  It seems I never come away empty handed!

So many pretty things!

Oh the china!

Oh the crystal!

I loved this little ink well.  It was bronze and marble from France!

When I told Kathysue I was taking her to a toy store I know she couldn't have imagined a store as much fun as Susan's Store Room!  It is located on San Anselmo Ave. in San Anselmo California.  It is filled with all sorts of unusual toys for young and old alike.  I promise you - you have never seen anything like it!  Kathysue found a beautiful 3-D book for her granddaughter and I purchased my valentines there, but if I were feeling rich I could have bought so much more!


Isn't he gorgeous!

This was my big purchase of the day!  It is made by Noritake, is blue and gold and has a hand painted pastoral scene on it .  It was $42.00 and I thought it it would go well with my china.  I purchased this at the Laurel House.

This is my china pattern.  I thought my new purchase would go well with it. It is made by Noritake also and the pattern is  Foxboro.  

A few valentines I purchased at Susan's Store Room.  I hope to use them as some sort of centerpiece for a Valentine get together I am planning....  Perhaps they will show up on a table scape Tuesday!


What a wonderful day!  Thank you Kathysue for making it so enjoyable! 

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day, and how lucky to spend it with Kathysue, she's the best! I love all of your finds, but that toy store is magnificent. I so adore that cheetah with the hat, and the doll house I can see in the background is gorgeous. What a special day. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a glorious day.. and got to spend it with our Kathysue as well.Can't get any better than that. I adore your purchase. I agree it goes well with your existing china. thanks so much for sharing your special day with us. Hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun shopping day Paula.. I love the tea pot and that vase WOW!! thanks for sharing...where did you girls do lunch?? hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat to spend a wonderful day with Kathysue. She is such a very neat lady. Your purchase is gorgeous and really goes well with your china. I know she loved the toy shop, she talked about all the wonderful books. Thanks for sharing such a special day. Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Paula...This looks like so much fun! I'd say you got quite a buy and a perfect addition to your china! Kathysue had told us about the toy store and now I see why. Love your Valentines! Yes, please do join us for Tablescape Tuesday! Enjoyed your post! Come visit me!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting and productive day you had. I think you will enjoy your purchases immensely. I know I enjoyed sharing your trip through your pictures. Hope you can do it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula,What a wonderful day we had together.If only everyone could get the same feeling by looking at the pictures.No matter where we go or what we do we always have the best time,and it is amazing we never want for conversation.you always introduce me to so many lovely shopping spots and we are very good partners in crime,hehe.I am so glad I have you to share such special times with,kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh please! Oh please! Take me with you next time!! I'm only two states away after all! *winks* Y'all must have had the best time! I love that inkwell sooo much!! And your lidded bowl is gorgeous! And will go beautifully with your china. And that kissing gate valentine is one of the cutest I've ever seen! Vanna

    ReplyDelete