Sunday, May 3, 2009

Little Accomplishments

Thank you to Susan for hosting Metamorphosis Monday.  It has been a bit crazy around here.  I had many projects to chose from the  last couple weeks that would be ideal for Metamorphosis Monday, my only problem was that none of them were very interesting.  First there was the leak in my laundry room ceiling where we  had to have the roof repaired and the ceiling in the laundry room replaced.  Then there was the repainting on the exterior of the house where we had the downspout moved and it left  a horrible grey mark, and then there were the plants we needed to replace because my adorable puppy ate them...  You get the picture.  So I am not sharing dramatic changes today, just a simple little improvement, that is much more fun to share!

Kathysue and I did  a little treasure hunting one day down in San Jose.  For those of you who don't know Kathysue, she is known for her fondness of beautiful lighting and unique beautiful lamps.  Hardly a shopping excursion goes by that we don't find the perfect lamp for one of her rooms (much to the chagrin of her husband - who is a darling by the way).  At any rate, I found two of these bird lamps that look lovely in my sunroom.  Unfortunately, they don't photograph well in there so I moved this one to the dining room just temporarily.  I don't think these pictures really do them justice.  For those of you in the area, we went to a resale warehouse  that is only open once a month.  It is called Move it elsewhere.  They have a website by the same name where you can get all the details about their future sales.

Oops!  I wish you could see more of the base of this lamp.  -- You have no idea what an improvement these lamps are.  I had boring old lamps before.  They had no personality and definitely didn't add anything. My sunroom is off the master bedroom and only family sees it.   I am sure you know how these areas of the house get ignored.   This is the room with the birds painted on the ceiling overhead and we have recently added a new pet canary (that sings beautifully) to the room also.  My new bird lamps fit right in and best of all they didn't break the bank! 

Other projects I have been up to----

Here is one little square....


and this is what it looks like so far.  They are all 50's style dress embroidered on muslin.   This is one of my works still in progress....

This is a quilt I completed a couple weeks ago for my son and daughter-in-law on the occasion of their first wedding anniversary.  Her favorite colors are red and white.

This is a close up.

Best of all they liked it.  I put a crazy square on the back embroidered  with all sorts of memorabilia from how they met to their wedding.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, your lamps are just stunning. Kathysue told me you two found a couple on your shopping excursion. Sounds like you had the best day shopping and visiting. Your quilts are also fabulous. I love both of them. Such beauties. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great lamps! I see Kathysue has a lamp addiction enabler lol. Your quilts are just gorgeous, you do such beautiful work. The 50's dress quilt is really going to be neat, very different. And the anniversary quilt is so special, and I do love anything red. Thanks for sharing these, they are lovely. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little lamps are very cute. Your quilts are going to be great. You are very talented.

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lamp is great but what a treasure that quilt is! I just cannot imagine the amont of work that goes into making one. The "dress" quilt is going to be darling too. Your son and DIL are lucky to have received the such a priceless gift! ps--we have the same background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula, I LOVE those lamps,but I pretty much have never met a lamp I don't like,hehe. Your quilts are gorgeous, I am in love with all of them. The dresses are amazing and what a fun quilt, Is this for our young special girl? Love spending time with you and I think we enable eachother in the nicest way. Love you,Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bird lamps. So unique! The quilt you made was beautiful! I have only begun to learn the art of quilting. I don't think I will ever get as good as I have seen other do...but I will try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paula! I love your lamps!! How much fun it must be to go shopping with Kathysue! (I'll be finding out soon!)And your quilts are gorgeous! I think I've told you I come from a family of mountain women who quilt....which came to a screeching halt with my mom. :-( I really need to learn and start the tradiiton again!! Have a great week...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you have a wonderful Memorial weekend my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete